Frequently Asked Questions

Is my account federally insured?

All member deposits are federally insured, in the aggregate, up to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency, through a government-backed federal insurance fund known as the National Credit Union Shared Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), and are backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government. Joint member accounts are insured separately from individual accounts up to a maximum of $250,000. IRAs receive separate $250,000 insurance coverage.

What is the routing/ABA number for 802 Credit Union?

Our routing number is 211690911.

How do I get a free copy of my credit report?

The three major credit bureau reporting agencies have teamed up to create Here you will be able to request your annual free copy as well as find instructions on how to file a fraud alert on your report. You may also request a copy by calling them at 877-322-8228.

How do I order checks?

First-time check orders must be done through the branch. If you are reordering checks with no changes, you can reorder them online through Harland Clarke .

Why haven’t I received a 1099 for interest earned?

The IRS does not require a financial institution to issue a 1099 for accounts that earn less than $10 in a given year. If your account did earn more than $10 and you have not received a 1099, please call us during business hours.

Does 802 Credit Union issue and redeem U.S. Savings Bonds?

We no longer issue savings bonds as they are now issued paperless directly through the Treasury Department. You may buy and manage savings bonds electronically safely 24/7 via The Credit Union does redeem savings bonds. Please contact your local office for more information. 

Where do I mail my loan payments?

Any of our offices will accept your payments and deposits by mail. Click here for our branch mailing addresses.

I’m planning to travel soon. What do I need to do so my VISA® credit card and/or Mastercard debit card works properly?

To protect you and ensure the validity of your card transactions, your transactions are monitored for unusual spending patterns. If you plan on traveling out of the state or out of the country, or intend to make large purchases, please call us in advance so that we can flag your account. Otherwise, card usage may be blocked if it appears your card or account number has been stolen.

If you are traveling outside of the United States, you will need to bring your PIN number along with you. (You received a PIN when you received your new card.) For your VISA® card, this number is non-retrievable so it must be ordered. It takes two weeks for it to arrive so please let us know well in advance of your travel plans.

My VISA® credit card is lost. How do I get a new one?

If you have lost your VISA® card, please call 1-800-433-0505 immediately to report it.
Please call the Credit Union during regular office hours to discuss your options.

My Mastercard debit card is lost. How do I get a new one?

If you have lost your Debit Card, please call 1-800-500-1044 immediately to report it. Then call the Credit Union during regular office hours to discuss your options.

How do I change my name on my account?

Once you have changed your name with Social Security, you will need to complete a membership change card. If you choose to add a joint owner, you can do so at the same time. Once we have the signed application with a copy of your updated identification, we will change your name on our system and place an order for new checks and VISA®/debit cards.

How do I remove a signer from my account?

The joint owner can sign a membership change card that instructs us to remove their name, or we can close your existing account by opening a new account and transferring funds.